generic zithromax is a trade name of the pharmacological component Azithromycin which is used in the medical practice for the treatment of the infectious-inflammatory diseases. The low Zithromax price distinguishes it among general list of the antibacterial drugs, and it leverages its competition.
The competitive Zithromax 500mg price is not the only advantage of this antibiotic. Generic Zithromax has gained a great popularity in medicine due to its pharmacological properties.
Pharmacological properties of Azithromycin
Azithromycin is a strong antibiotic from the macrolide group. This group of the antibiotics differs by the increased acid resistance as a result of which this drug affects more morbific microorganisms which are not treatable by other antibiotics.
The action mechanism of Azithromycin is conditioned by its bacteriostatic properties. Penetrating into the blood Azithromycin inhibits RNA-dependent synthesis of protein of the morbific microorganisms.
The disorder of the peptide chains in the amino-acid content of the microbe cells happens, so that its growth and development are terminated.
Azithromycin quickly penetrates into most tissues and liquids in the body, and its half-life is longer than in other antibiotics. It detects a high efficiency of this drug as to the resistant microorganisms and their fast death.
The concentration of Azithromycin 500 mg gains its therapeutic maximum in the tissues and liquids within 48-72 hours. The high concentrations of Azithromycin 500 mg in tissues and liquids cause a bactericidal effect. In this case, the destruction of the protein structure and their cellular cell occurs in the bacteria molecule, as a result of which microbes quickly die.
The mentioned properties indicate the possibility of a short-term usage of Zithromax 500 mg. A three-day-course of the treatment is the most optimal, in most cases.
Generic Zithromax is effective for most infectious diseases except the viral infections.
The following infectious agents are sensitive to Azitrhomycin 500 mg: Streptococcus pneumonia, St. agalactiae, Staphylococcus aureus, Haemophilus influenzae, Legionella pneumophila, Neisseria gonorrhoeae, Gardnerella vaginalis, Clostridium perfringens, Peptostreptococcus spp, Chlamydia trachomatis, Mycoplasma pneumoniae, Ureaplasma urealyticum.
Directions for the use of Generic Zithromax:
- Infectious diseases of the respiratory tracts: bacterial pharyngitis/tonsillitis, sinusitis, bronchitis, pneumonia, acute condition of bronchitis
- Infectious affections of the skin and soft tissues: erythema, Lime disease, erysipelas, infectious dermatitis
- Infectious-inflammatory diseases of the gastro-intestinal tract
- Infections of the urination tracts including sexually-transmitted infections: urethritis, Chlamydia, gonorrhea.
generic zithromax usage
- One tablet of Generic Zithromax contains Azithromycin 500 mg
- The dosage is indicated individually in every certain case. Usually, patients are prescribed Zithromax 500 mg once a day, in the morning.
- Azithromycin 500 mg may be used regardless of the meals because the consumed food does not influence on the bioavailability of Azithroycin 500 mg and the therapeutic effect of the antibiotic.
- The medicine should be used after meals in case of the appearance of the side effects from the side of the digestion organs in order to reduce the irritation of the mucous membrane
- The tablets should be used within 2 days after the disappearance of all symptoms.
- Azithromycin is discharged with the breast milk, and therefore it is necessary to terminate the breast-feeding in the period of the antibiotic consumption.